Workforce empowerment is one of the many advantages of working with Be Informed. Taking the routine jobs off the desks of knowledge workers dramatically increases their motivation and performance levels.
In his book “DRiVE”- The surprising truth about what motivates us, Daniel Pink distinguishes three key motivational elements for knowledge workers:
- Taking decisions independently within the boundaries
- Working with the customer, not the system
- “Doing the right thing”
- Focusing on knowing the business, not only the system
- Being able to articulate decisions to customers with confidence
- Understanding one’s contribution to the overall result
- Clearly understanding the strategy
This is exactly what Be Informed does. For transactions that are not processed straight-through, Be Informed presents the user with only those activities that are needed to complete a case. The user decides on the best way to complete the case, based on interactions with a customer or citizen or on personal insight. Be Informed makes the “case” the center of focus, with all its context (for example, legal, policy, history, related cases) and collaborative capabilities, allowing administrative professionals to make the right operational decisions. Be Informed is goal-oriented − the administrative professional’s contribution to the overall organization is clear at all times.